Welcome to Telmon Careers!
We are excited that you are considering employment opportunities with our Telmon team. We are committed to finding talented, skilled individuals to provide the best possible service to our customers.
If you feel you have the talent and a great “can do” attitude to contribute to our team, feel free to send a resume with your experience, skills, knowledge and contact information. If you have questions or are interested in applying, fill out the form below or email HR@Telmon.com.
Telmon is currently seeking a Commercial Network Infrastructure Cable Installer / Field Services Technician w/ supervisory experience
Overall Purpose and Objective of Position
In this role you will be responsible for the onsite installation and turn-up of the network infrastructure systems on our client job sites. This involves overseeing and working with the communications cable installation team for workstation cabling and LEC extension cabling, LEC circuit delivery and turn-up, deployment and installation of network and A/V hardware and supporting workstation equipment (telephones and PC’s) deployment and connectivity. You will also be involved with hands-on actual installation on small and large projects as needed.
Telmon is an experienced Installation Technician (not desktop support) with 5+ years’ relevant (commercial cabling, installation of network switching, etc.) experience including:
- Must have experience in Commercial and Industrial installation
- Well-rounded individual with IT/Network Infrastructure background
- Strong understanding of TIA/EIA 568.C
- Commercial structured cabling standards and practices, including demonstrated hands on experience.
- Strong understanding and applicable knowledge of hardware installation of network switches, routers, servers, Wireless AP’s and other network gear installs/upgrades to be able to communicate the “how to” of installation
- Experience installing LEC demarcation extensions and supporting LEC circuit turn-up
- Experience with Voice (VOIP) Network Cabling
- Experience with Closet Buildouts (grounding, cabinets, ladder racks, data center, MDF, IDF, cable management rack)
- Experience with VOIP, Data Cabling, Video Surveillance, fiber optics, CAT5E, CAT6, MDF, IDF, OSP, Copper cabling, DMarc
- Ability to work independently and with others in a diligent manor throughout all work assignments while communicating through emails and phone calls
- Must be able to read and understand architectural plans (blue prints) and work orders following instructions provided and provide direction
- Ability to represent oneself in a professional manner both verbally and in writing; providing excellent customer service and representing the Company in a positive light
- Good computer skills
- Use smart phone and applications
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Experience with Scissor Lifts
- Video conference and sound masking installation experience
- Use of applications such as Putty and/or Hyper Terminal (Terminal Emulator), and Team Viewer.
- Wireless Site Surveys / Heat Mapping
- UPS experience
This position requires extensive travel with up to 3 weeks on the road. All travel expenses are covered along with a daily per diem.
Opportunities for certification training & advancement are readily available to enhance your already acquired skills and knowledge.
If you are looking for a great company with a proven track record of over twenty years in the industry & the opportunity for not just a job but a career, please contact our recruitment department.
Backgrounds checks & MVR (motor vehicle report) are required.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Our company is large enough to be successful yet small enough to care about our employees.